Fundamental Rights Forum 2021
‘Building a vision of hope: Where do we go from here?’
Remarks by the EU Special Representative for Human Rights, Eamon Gilmore
12 October 2021
How can we build a vision of hope to address key human rights challenges as we come out of the Coronavirus pandemic?
By listening to young people and bringing human rights back centre stage in decision making can give us a sense of direction for the future of Europe.
This session will bring together views of different actors, human rights practitioners and institutions, concluding the Forum debates with a call for action and hope.
- Dunja Mijatović, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe (video message)
- Eamon Gilmore, European Union Special Representative for Human Rights (remote)
- Ilze Brands-Kehris, Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights, UN Human Rights Office, New York (to be confirmed)
- Christos Giakoumopoulos, Director General of Human Rights and Rule of Law of the Council of Europe
- Emily O’Reilly, the European Ombudsman
- Agnès Callamard, Secretary General, Amnesty International
- Michael O’Flaherty, FRA Director & Forum Chair
- Corinna Milborn, moderator
See more information at: Programme?session=c2Vzc2lvbjo5NzcyOA%3D%3D